WGF Hosts Imbalance of Power Webinar
WI Green Fire, October 20, 2022
On October 19th, Wisconsin’s Green Fire hosted a webinar on our recent Opportunities Now report, Imbalance of Power: How Wisconsin is Failing Citizens in Conserving Natural Resources and Protecting our Environment. The paper addresses the collective effects of state legislative actions, court rulings, and political practices that have undermined democratic processes and profoundly changed the way state government in Wisconsin operates.
The webinar featured six panelists who provided diverse perspectives on the effects of broken environmental rulemaking in Wisconsin. Panelists included:
- Fred Clark, WGF Executive Director
- Paul Heinen, WGF Legislative Liaison
- Lisa and Tor Anderson, Town of Nelsonville, WI
- Meleesa Johnson, Director of Marathon County, WI Solid Waste Department
- Mark Thimke, Environmental Lawyer (Ret.) and Co-chair of WGF Contaminants of Emerging Concern Work Group.
View the full recording here.
Read WGF member Ted Rulseh’s (AKA the Lake Guy) blog post on the webinar here: Wisconsin’s Green Fire holds webinar on imbalance of power in conserving resources and protecting the environment